Throughout the year I am busy delivering large-scale talks to a wide range of audiences, but I also spend time working closely with families and individuals. I am an active member of my local community and enjoy my role as a community radio presenter. Scroll down to read more!
Talks for Parents
Every year, schools, charities, workplaces and universities hire me to deliver high impact, motivational talks to their parenting communities. These cover a range of themes relevant to 21st Century parenting. The content is derived from the highest quality research from around the world.
Talks for Teachers
As an expert in parental engagement and co-author of ‘100 Ideas for Engaging Parents’, I have lots of practical ideas for schools, when it comes to building effective partnerships with parents and families.
My talks are bespoke and tailored to the needs of your school community. They are packed full of cost-effective tips on how to drive parental engagement in learning and improve overall communication with parents.
I have extensive experience as a host, keynote motivational speaker and Chair at a range of events:
- Education Select Committee at the House of Commons (Chair, Panel on Parental Engagement. 2016)
- Festival of Education Speaker, 2016, 2017
- Wroxham Teaching Alliance, 2018
- Research Ed (London, 2016, 2018)
- King’s College London (2016, 2017, 2018)
- University of Hertfordshire (Flagship talk series), 2016, 2017, 2018
- Panellist, Tutors Association Conference (2018)
As part of my mission to bridge the gap between research and real-life parenting, I co-present a live, weekly radio show on Radio Verulam's 92.6FM, called The Parents' Show.
I am proud to have interviewed some of the biggest names in education and parenting from around the world (e.g. Carole Dweck, Steve Biddulph, Annabel Karmel, Gina Ford) as well as local headteachers, teachers, pupils, parents, children and practitioners.
I am also a regular contributor on BBC radio as a parenting/education expert.
1:1 Coaching/Family Support
Each year I offer home support to individuals or whole families who are struggling with any number of issues. They may be:
- Parents who simply want family life to work better
- A child struggling to make academic progress
- A teen who lacks motivation
- A adult who requires some extra support through a tricky period of their life.
I will always do my best for your family. Occasionally, this may mean sign-posting you to an appropriate colleague; typically a clinical or educational psychologist, family therapist or expert in a particular field.
Phone coaching is also available.
To make an enquiry about how I can help you, please click here.